Operations Leader Job – June 2021
How this position serves fire survivors and those impacted by Covid-19
LIW directly supports the leadership of fire recovery and rebuild efforts by supporting the research, development, coordination, and communication of resources while opening opportunities for fire-affected communities to communicate their needs and shape priorities. LIW also supports leaders of the recovery and rebuild with extra capacity to meet the demands on them and their organizations. The Operations Leader position supports all the daily work of LIW as it fulfills this critical capacity extension and cross-organization coordination role.
To plan, organize, staff, coordinate, monitor, measure and optimize all processes, staff and systems necessary for the fulfillment of all Local Innovation Works projects including program development, management, and research in support of Almeda fire and Covid-19 recovery work.
Duties and responsibilities
- Leading projects in support of community impacts around reimagining and rebuilding the local community, housing, economy, infrastructure, and education systems.
- Managing IT and paper systems (mostly Google Suite) to ensure data quality and system performance.
- Facilitating communication and scheduling with community partners to optimize impact.
- Maintaining all necessary impact, financial, regulatory, and development data and processes including compliance, fiscal sponsorships, contract management, and tax filings.
- Managing budgets with an eye toward cost reductions wherever possible.
- Leading staff and managers to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and leadership skills
- Advanced software skills in MS Office or Google Docs
- Quickbooks, Zoom, social media platforms, and Hubspot (ideally)
- Must love people, process, and performance
Working conditions & physical requirements
This job will be mostly remote, but will also require some office and community work. Sitting and some lifting will be required.
Schedule and pay range
Full time if possible at $20-40/hour depending on experience.
Last reviewed by
Stephen Sloan in June 2021
Grayson Soldahl in June 2021
If you’re considering this position, send a letter of interest explaining why you would be a good fit and your resume to email@example.com.